Graduate Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 2003
Mechanical engineering, including general engineering, energy technology, solar energy technology, nuclear technology, power plant technology, environmental technology as well as plant construction and process engineering.
- Advice on establishing IP rights portfolios of national and international patents, trademarks and designs
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforcement of property rights in court
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Advice on strategies for registering designs
- Representation in design matters before the design authorities and courts
- Enforcement of design rights both domestically and internationally
- Advice on matters relating to research, development and licensing agreements
- German Employee Invention Law
Degree in Mechanical Engineering at the Technische Universität Carolo-Wilhelmina zu Braunschweig – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), German Federal Association of Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.) epi, FICPI
Delegate of the Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V. – Consultant on patent-related topics – Tutor for the so-called “Arbeitsgemeinschaft” for Patent Attorney Candidates in North Rhine Westphalia on behalf of the Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer) until 2015 – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.