Dr. Alan Stewart
BSc (Hons) Chemistry | Doctor of Philosophy (Chemistry)
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 2013
Organic and inorganic chemistry, medicinal and pharmaceutical chemistry, life sciences, biotechnology, medical engineering, green chemistry, polymer chemistry, electrochemistry, film and fibre technology, chemical processes and applications, consumer goods industry and agricultural chemistry.
- Advice on establishing IP rights portfolios of national and international patents and designs
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforcement of IP rights in court
- Advice on strategies for registering designs
- Representation in design matters before the design authorities and courts
- German Employee Invention Law
BSc (Hons) in Pure Chemistry at the University of Strathclyde (UK), Ph.D. at Imperial College, London (UK), postdoctoral research associate at Colorado State University (USA) and the Technical University Helsinki (Finland) – Many years of experience as laboratory head in the area of medicinal chemistry in the pharmaceutical industry – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), epi, FICPI
Tutor in the so-called “Arbeitsgemeinschaft” for Patent Attorney Candidates in North Rhine Westphalia on behalf of the Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer) – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.