Dr. Alexander TheisPartner
Dr. jur. | LL.M. Industrial Property Law
Attorney at law | With dompatent since 2005
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Representation in design matters
- Enforcement of design rights both domestically and internationally
- Advice on matters relating to research, development and licensing agreements
- Competition law
- Court proceedings on matters relating to unfair product imitations
- Representation and consultation in legal disputes prior to and at trade fairs
- Copyright law
- Domain law
Degree in Law at the University of Cologne, Master’s degree in “Intellectual Property Law” at the Heinrich-Heine University Düsseldorf, doctorate, preparatory service at the Higher Regional Court (OLG) Cologne with internships at a major international law firm and a law firm in Massachusetts, USA.
Bar Association Cologne, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
Referent for the degree “Master of Science technology- and innovation management” in the module patent and legal.
- Prof. William E. O’Brien, Dale C. Kerester, Dr. Alexander Theis: Obtaining, Using and Protecting Trademarks, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 3rd Edition, September 2017.
- Rachel Bunn, Prof. William E. O’Brien, Dr. Alexander Theis: Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., 2nd Edition, August 2012.