Dr. Alexander TheisPartner
Dr. jur. | LL.M. Industrial Property Law
Attorney at law | With dompatent since 2005
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Representation in design matters
- Enforcement of design rights both domestically and internationally
- Advice on matters relating to research, development and licensing agreements
- Competition law
- Court proceedings on matters relating to unfair product imitations
- Representation and consultation in legal disputes prior to and at trade fairs
- Copyright law
- Domain law
Degree in Law at the University of Cologne, Master’s degree in “Industrial Property Law” (LL.M.) at the Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf, doctorate, legal traineeship at the Higher Regional Court (OLG) Cologne with internships at a major international law firm and a law firm in Massachusetts, USA.
Bar Association Cologne, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR)
Lecturer for the degree “Master of Science technology- and innovation management” in the module patent and legal.
- Prof. William E. O’Brien, Dale C. Kerester, Dr. Alexander Theis: Obtaining, Using and Protecting Trademarks, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, 3rd Edition, September 2017.
- Rachel Bunn, Prof. William E. O’Brien, Dr. Alexander Theis: Intellectual Property Licensing Agreements, Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., 2nd Edition, August 2012.