Dr. Hans-Peter JönssonPartner
Graduate Chemist | Doctor of Natural Science (Chemistry)
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 1985
Organic, inorganic and pharmaceutical chemistry, chemical process engineering, polymer chemistry, surface technology, medical technology, environmental technology, construction chemistry, nanotechnology
- Advice on the creation and maintenance of IP rights portfolios
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforcement of property rights in court
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- Establishment of freedom-to-operate opinions
Degree in Chemistry at the Universities of Kiel and Saarbrücken, doctorate – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), German Federal Association of Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.) epi, FICPI, Federation of North Rhine Westphalian Patent Attorneys (Vereinigung nordrhein-westfälischer Patentanwälte e.V), INTA, ECTA, Association of German Chemists (GDCh)
Chairman of the Industrial Property Rights Expert Group in the GDCh until 2005 – Board Member of the Patentanwaltskammer until 2004 – Advanced training Referent for the GDCh – Author of specialist articles – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.