Dr. Hans-Wilhelm MeyersOf Counsel
Graduate Chemist | Dr. rer. nat.
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent from 1985 to 2017 | Of Counsel since 2018
Chemistry, biology, biochemistry as well as life sciences and molecular biology. Also medical sciences, physiology and environmental technology.
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforcement of property rights in court
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
Degree in Chemistry and pre-degree in Biology at the University of Münster, doctorate – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), epi, FICPI, Association of German Chemists (GDCh), VPP
Internationally active lecturer on topics in the area of industrial property rights. Referent for the degree in pharmaceutical medicine at the University of Duisburg-Essen – Lecturer for the IP Summer School at the University of Bonn.