Dr. Jörg HelbingPartner
Graduate Chemist | Dr. rer. nat.
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 1991
Chemistry and biotechnology with a focus on organic chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry and agrochemistry as well as biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, genetics and immunology. Also medical technology and plant variety protection
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Enforcement of property rights in court
- Preparation, filing and prosecution of IP rights applications
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- Preparation of IP due diligence analyses
- Preparation of validity opinions
Degree in Chemistry and Biology at the University of Göttingen, doctorate – One-year research stay in the USA (UC San Diego) – Qualified as a patent attorney at dompatent von Kreisler and approved as a German patent attorney – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), German Federal Association of Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.) epi, AIPPI, FICPI, Association of German Chemists (GDCh)
Consultant on biochemical topics in the area of industrial property rights – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.