Dr. Marius ViewegPartner
Graduate Physicist | Dr. rer. nat.
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 2012
Laser technology, optical components and processes, electrical engineering and information technology, artificial intelligence, digital communications, vacuum technology, medical Technology
- Advice concerning IP rights strategies, particularly for software-related inventions
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Establishment of freedom-to-operate opinions
- German Employee Invention Law
Degree in Physics at the Universities of Bonn and Stuttgart, doctorate at the University of Stuttgart – Qualified as a patent attorney at dompatent von Kreisler and approved as a German patent attorney – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), epi, FICPI, German Physics Society (DPG)
Tutor in the so-called “Arbeitsgemeinschaft” for Patent Attorney Candidates in North Rhine Westphalia on behalf of the Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer) – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center. Consultant for patent- and trademark law topics