Dr. Thomas WeberOf Counsel
Graduate Chemist | Doctor of Natural Science (Chemistry)
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 1988 to 2021 | Of Counsel since 2022
Organic and inorganic chemistry, polymer chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, film and fibre technology, electrochemistry, nanotechnology, life sciences, medical technology, consumer goods, and agricultural chemistry as well as chemical processes and applications
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Preparation of infringement opinions
- Enforcement of IP rights in court
- Advice on strategies for registering designs
- Representation in design matters before the design authorities and courts
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- German Employee Invention Law
Degree in Chemistry at the Technical University Stuttgart, doctorate – One-year postdoctoral fellowship in the USA at the Institute of Nobel laureate Prof. George A. Olah (USC) – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), epi
Chairman of the Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V. until 2004 – Tutor for European patent rights at CEIPI in Strasbourg until 2007 – National and international lecturer on topics relating to European and German patent law – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.
- Abhängigkeit von telle-quelle-Marken, Godemeyer/Weber, Mitteilungen der deutschen Patentanwälte, 1993, S. 313-332