Graduate Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Patent Attorney | European Patent and Trademark Attorney | With dompatent since 1985
Electrical engineering, including semiconductor technology and information technology, software patents and protection of business models, mechanical engineering, physics
- Advice on establishing IP rights portfolios of national and international patents, trademarks and designs
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Preparation of opinions regarding potential infringement and non-infringement of property rights including in conjunction with due diligence and freedom-to-operate analyses
- Enforcement of property rights in court
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
Degree in Electrical Engineering at the Ruhr-Universität Bochum – Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler and admission as a German patent attorney – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), German Federal Association of Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.), epi, German Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (GRUR), AIPPI, FICPI, Federation of North Rhine Westphalian Patent Attorneys (Vereinigung nordrhein-westfälischer Patentanwälte e.V), EMC Association for the Advanecment of EMC Technology in the State of North Rhine Westphalia (EMV-Verein zur Förderung der EMV-Technologie im Land NRW e.V.)
Free initial consultation – Voluntary consultation for inventors at the Chamber of Industry & Commerce in Cologne – Voluntary adviser for patent law matters at selected events at Cologne Trade Fair and Exhibition Center.