Dr. Tobias Timmerscheidt
MSc ETH Chemistry | Doctor of Natural Science (Chemistry) | B.Sc. Computer Science | Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.)
European Patent Attorney
Chemistry, including biochemistry, polymer chemistry, chemical process engineering, solid state chemistry, metallurgy, environmental technology, nanotechnology, organic, inorganic, pharmaceutical and physical chemistry as well as computer technology, information technology and software-related inventions.
- Advice on establishing IP rights portfolios of national and international patents, trademarks and designs
- Defense of both domestic and international IP rights in opposition, invalidity and cancellation proceedings
- Provision of technical and strategic advice in the area of both domestic and international IP rights infringement
- Advice on and conducting of negotiations regarding out-of-court settlements in IP rights disputes
- Preparation of infringement opinionsn
- Advice on and representation in matters concerning trademarks including appeal proceedings and trademark infringement proceedings
- Conducting opposition and invalidity proceedings against patents
- Establishment of freedom-to-operate opinions
Degrees in Chemistry from RWTH Aachen University (B.Sc.) and ETH Zurich (MSc), doctorate at RWTH Aachen University; studied Information Technology at the University of Hagen (B.Sc.) and studied Law at the University of Hagen (LL.B.), Patent attorney training at dompatent von Kreisler – training to become a Professional Representative before the European Patent Office and admission as a European Patent Attorney, training and admission as an authorised representative before the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO).
Chamber of German Patent Attorneys (Patentanwaltskammer), German Federal Association of Patent Attorneys (Bundesverband Deutscher Patentanwälte e.V.), epi, FICPI